Sunday, September 03, 2006

Vetayadu Vilayadu(வேட்டையாடு விளையாடு)

I watched ‘Vetayadu Vilayadu’ a couple of days back. I expected a lot from the movie: The reason being ‘Kamala Hassan’ (no need to tell the reason) and ‘Gautam Menon’ (after seeing ‘Kakkha Kakkha’). We have heard the same sort of Vendetta story many a times. Gautam Menon is trying to take the direction to more sophisticated level, I guess. I think he achieved it up to some extend. I focused less on other part of the movie. The murders, the way it is done, mostly we see this only in Hollywood. I think it is one good thing (???) about.

Overall it is a pretty normal movie according to my opinion. Jyothika and Kamal Hassan rocked with their acting. No question about that. Jyothika showed lot of maturity in her acting. Also Balaji, who is acting as ‘Amudhan’, one of the serial killers. Violence and blood are much higher than a normal Tamil movie. Lots of bad words usage (It is muted anyway and everybody will understand what is said). Songs are introduced at unwanted places which affects the flow of the movie at times. First half the pace of the movie is so great. Second of it is dead slow and I felt very sleepy.

When it comes to songs, ‘Karkha Karkha’ and ‘Partha Muthal Naal’ are good. Other than that pretty average work by Harris. Background Scores doesn’t gel well with movie. I think ‘Vetayadu Vilayadu’ is a big disappointment.

No comments: