Monday, September 18, 2006

While my Guitar gently weeps

Either it was ‘The Beatles’ or ‘Eric Clapton’ sung it; the song is a superb one. Such a catchy title, isn’t it? Anyways, I am not going to talk about it.

It’s about me and my Guitar. I am going to perform this week on stage for the first time. The song I going to play ‘Saare Jahan Se achaa’ along with two other guitarist and one tabala. I have lot of fear, since it is going to be my first stage performance.

Yesterday, I struggled a lot to follow the tempo of the ‘Tabala’ player. The ‘Tabala’ player is just 12 or 13 years old. But, he is playing it with such an ease. I am quite amazed about these kids.

Finally, after two hours of rehearsal, I got somewhat right. Just one more rehearsal left. But the thing, the feeling of playing along with others is quite a unique experience. I enjoyed playing with others. It is such a great feeling. Fingers pained for every one of us. But still we continued for more rehearsals. That pain doesn’t matter, end of the rehearsal we all are satisfied.

My struggle of keeping my hobby alive for the past couple of years is at last started giving good experiences. It is such a great struggle to keeping my interest alive, so far. And, it is going to be difficult I know that. But I have the confidence of managing it, because I already balanced between work and my hobby so far (for almost 2 years) very well.

But the full fruit of it, I didn’t get yet. It is in my reach. I should play well on Sunday to reach it. Let’s see????!!!!

No comments: